Saturday, July 25, 2009

Coonfeed 09

Altough I have been back to Iowa several times since, this was my first coonfeed since 1980. What is a coonfeed? Well, in Iowa, there is a lot of corn and beans. And racoons like corn and beans. And farmers don't like it when racoons eat corn and beans. So, there is such a thing as coon huntin'. My Grandpa Dale is a Coon Hunter. He has always had Coon Dogs until he got sick a while back. And in July, just when the corn is coming in, my mom's family has been having an Ott Family Coonfeed for many years.
The boys went golfing and so we all headed over for a cycle class at Uncle Harold's gym.
Yes, I ate racoon. It tasted like Spaghettios. I don't really like Spaghettios.

Me and my Grandma Jo


The Coon Hunter: Grandpa Dale

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hatz, you look hot! And i hate spaghettios too. i hate them more than anything else i have ever eaten. your family looks like fun!

Karin said...

spaghettios as in spaghetti? I rmember you didn't like them much...you ate racoon? not a vegetarian any more? Questions, questions, questions...

Turley Family said...

wish i could have made it back! looks like ya all had a good time!

Ashley said...

So glad you posted! I wanted to be there so bad. Thanks for the phone call-- not screening just up on top of a mountain.
ps your bod is sic.

Sarah said...

Oh good grief. That picture of us is horrible. Thank you for the public embarassment. :P It's great to have you back to spend the time with us! You're an amazing teacher! AND an even better cousin :)