Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How Things are Made

Since being back in the land of a hundred television channels, i've been initiated into the how things are made craze. Here's my contribution after a couple of fascinating field trips:

Mazatlan is world famous for its shrimp. I thought this was because of something in the ocean chemistry. On my journey to many of Mazatlan's secluded surf spots, I came across these. Shrimp farms, less than a mile from the ocean! Apparently, the floating gadgets oxygenate the water, making the shrimp bigger.

About 30 years ago, Hyrum's dad bought his friend's zipper factory in downtown LA. This past weekend, I finally got a tour. (Kelly has probably done this a million times, but as always, was a good sport. She even posed for a few pictures.)

2 comments:

Erin said...

this is great lindsay! thank you for sharing your inner mr. rogers.

do you want to go to yoga or yogurtland sometime? or both :) lets get together sometime soon!

Lindsay Anne Hatfield said...

yes, erin, i do! how can i get in touch with you? my email hasnt changed, has yours?