Monday, December 14, 2009

I've got a riddle for you...

An interesting conversation was had by my bus driver and an older gentleman in the middle of the bus wearing a Santa cap and carrying a rolling file box with a label reading "The Magic Man." The ride consisted of several "riddles," where the bus driver would essentially make up a mathematical story problem over the intercom. No one really got into it all that much, but that might have been because The Magic Man was giving each problem some serious thought. Here's how one of the "riddles" played out...

BD: How many days until Christmas?

TMM: That's a tough one.

BD: I'll give an all-night free transfer pass to the first person who can tell me how many days til Christmas.

TMM: I know it isn't 14, 'cause that would be 28. And it can't be 15, 'cause that would put you all the way into 205. (Yep. Two Hundred Five.)

Thankfully, The Magic Man finally got his free transfer pass, because if a horse starts out with 20 apples in his bucket, eats 10 for dinner, 6 for breakfast, and 4 for lunch, he ends up with no apples.

I guess I'll take a happy bus driver over a grumpy one any day, but I am still very curious about what was in that file box.

1 comment:

ayoungblut said...

I am glad that you are blogging again, I miss your spin on the world! Sorry about your camera. Brian thought his was stolen also at a party they had at his condo, months later he found it in his sock drawer! He had hid it so it wouldn't get stolen. lol