Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fresa

Did you know that on my mission, my nickname was Sister Berry? (Yah-guh-duh...is the "beautiful" Russian translation.) In Spanish, fresa is someone who likes things a certain way...a nice certain way. It also means strawberry.

I don't know if it's because some of my earliest memories are roaming through strawberry patches...or because my favorite toy was Strawberry Shortcake...or if it's because June through September, I've got every imaginable juicy sweet berry on the brain.... But I can't stop buying things with strawberries on them!

and it's only May 27th.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Matter of fact, no I didn't know that was your nick, who came up with that? I am eating Strawberries as if there is no tomorrow at the moment, and I LOVED my Strawberry Shortcake doll...I also had the lemon one but can't remember her name..

Ashley said...

I can remember on a trip to WA you gave me a hand me down red leotard with a lone strawberry on the chest...

Lindsay Anne Hatfield said...

karin, it must have been in saratov with the twins tonya and katya and sister rozhina. and then i was in saratov for a looooooong time. it just stuck. lemon meringue!

Karin said...

well, lemon meringue, of course, but as that didn't mean much to me it never stuck, ah, Tonjy and Katja, do you know that they just live 1 hour away from me and I have never seen them? No matter what I try I can't get their phone or adress and their branch presidents claims they say they don'T know me, I'll just have to try again one of these days...